.

.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blooming

A couple of years ago, I ran across this saying, “You Bloom Best Where You’re Planted.” Immediately, the wheels in my mind began to turn. I don’t know that this phrase was spiritual in its beginnings, but I automatically began to think about how the Bible instructs us to be “fruitful”. I began to think about how God has placed us in the circumstances that we are in for a reason, and that we can choose to make the best of the situation we are in.

Here is an article by Amanda Hayes I found about doing just that.

First of all, we need to “BLOOM” where we are planted, emphasis on “BLOOM”. I think the word bloom here is telling us that we need to bear fruit for the kingdom of God. What does it mean for a person, not a tree, to bear fruit?
John 15:5 says, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” The Bible uses the phrase “bear fruit” to refer to the good works we should be performing as believers. When we blossom for Christ, we share the love of Jesus with all those around us. The results will be a large “crop” in “The Big Garden in the Sky” because of our fruitfulness.

Secondly, we need to bloom “WHERE” we are planted, emphasis on “WHERE”. Being content with our lot in life is sometimes difficult, but God has placed us right where he wants us to be. I love this little poem, “What may be my future lot, high or low concerns me not. This doth set my heart at rest; what my God appoints is best.”

No one could have put this into better perspective than Paul did in Philippians chapter 4, verse 12 when he wrote, “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” True contentment is found, not in having everything you want, but in not wanting to have everything.

Third, it is important to bloom where “YOU” are planted, emphasis on “YOU”. So many people are so busy worrying about other people, that they can’t reach their full potential in Christ. “YOU” are a unique individual created by God and He has a very specific plan for “YOU”.

Lastly, we need to bloom where we’re “PLANTED”, emphasis on “PLANTED”. We need to be rooted and grounded in God’s word. If we are not sure what the word says, Satan will lead us astray using every scheme and tactic he can come up with.

Psalm 1:2-3 says,” But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.”
Sometimes we may not understand why we work where we work, live where we live, shop where we shop, eat where we eat, or worship where we worship. However, rest assured that God has strategically placed you in the precise location on this earth that He wanted you to be. Make the most of every opportunity to “bloom” in God’s garden. We are His prized blossoms!

No comments: