Proverbs 31 Woman: A Virtuous woman is worth far more than rubies. One such woman to be admired for her Christian walk and faith is Carolene Cole. Those who have had the privilege of being her family, friend, or coworker have seen the virtuous woman in action. She might be a quiet woman but she is a fierce prayer warrior. She sends cards of encouragement, sympathy, or celebration as part of the card ministry at COGWC. You will find her sitting on the third pew and rarely misses a service. She is a woman of wisdom and grace that serves as a perfect role model for young Christian women.
Carolene Crank was born in June of 1943 in Middletown, Ohio. She lived her earliest years in New York while her father was in the Navy during WW2. She was the first of three girls. She was raised in an old country church and was saved at the age of nine then filled with the holy ghost soon after. She graduated from Preble Shawnee High School in Camden, Ohio. She attended Route 4 Holiness Church in Hamilton, Ohio as a teenager and young adult.
She married Milton Cole in 1963 and has been married for 51 years. They have two children, Lori Cole Nolan and Kevin Cole. They resided in Camden Ohio for many years where Carolene became a member of the Camden Church of God.
Carolene worked for National Cash Register in Dayton, Ohio and then Dayton Flexible in Eaton, Ohio. She became a Licensed Practical Nurse at the age of 30 and a Registered nurse at the age of 44. She worked at Manchester Memorial Hospital and BRMC in Corbin, KY
The Coles moved to Manchester in 1981 where Carolene joined the Burning Springs Church of God. After retirement, she was led to attend church at the COGWC. She attends the WINGS meeting and works in the card ministry. She also cooks for the elderly and bereaved on a regular basis.
Sister Cole loves to spend time with her two grandsons, Ethan Nolan and Camden Cole. Her interests are attending church, spending time with family and friends, cooking, and serving Christ. Her greatest testimony is the nature in which she has lived her life…putting Christ first in her life and making daily decisions based on her faith. She is a portrait of the Proverbs 21 woman.
1. Faith – A Virtuous Woman serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul. She seeks His will for her life and follows His ways. (Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 31: 29 – 31, Matthew 22: 37, John 14: 15, Psalm 119: 15
2. Marriage – A Virtuous Woman respects her husband. She does him good all the days of her life. She is trustworthy and a helpmeet. (Proverbs 31: 11- 12, Proverbs 31: 23, Proverbs 31: 28, 1 Peter 3, Ephesians 5, Genesis2: 18)
3. Mothering – A Virtuous Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven. She nurtures her children with the love of Christ, disciplines them with care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go. (Proverbs 31: 28, Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 22: 6, Deuteronomy 6, Luke 18: 16)
4. Health – A Virtuous Woman cares for her body. She prepares healthy food for her family. (Proverbs 31: 14 – 15, Proverbs 31: 17, 1 Corinthians 6: 19, Genesis 1: 29, Daniel 1, Leviticus 11)
5. Service – A Virtuous Woman serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a gentle and loving spirit. She is charitable. (Proverbs 31: 12, Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20, 1 Corinthians 13: 13)
6. Finances – A Virtuous Woman seeks her husband’s approval before making purchases and spends money wisely. She is careful to purchase quality items which her family needs. (Proverbs 31: 14, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 18, 1 Timothy 6: 10, Ephesians 5: 23, Deuteronomy 14: 22, Numbers 18: 26)
7. Industry – A Virtuous Woman works willingly with her hands. She sings praises to God and does not grumble while completing her tasks. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 24, Proverbs 31: 31, Philippians 2: 14)
8. Homemaking – A Virtuous Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests. She uses hospitality to minister to those around her. (Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20 – 22, Proverbs 31: 27, Titus 2: 5, 1 Peter 4: 9, Hebrews 13: 2)
9. Time – A Virtuous Woman uses her time wisely. She works diligently to complete her daily tasks. She does not spend time dwelling on those things that do not please the Lord. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 19, Proverbs 31: 27, Ecclesiastes 3, Proverbs 16: 9, Philippians 4:8 )
10. Beauty – A Virtuous Woman is a woman of worth and beauty. She has the inner beauty that only comes from Christ. She uses her creativity and sense of style to create beauty in her life and the lives of her loved ones. (Proverbs 31: 10Proverbs 31: 21 – 22, Proverbs 31: 24 -25, Isaiah 61: 10, 1 Timothy 2: 9, 1 Peter 3: 1 – 6)