.

.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fit To Appear By Glenda Harris

FIT TO APPEAR
by
Glenda Harris

Lately, I’ve been thinking about my daily rituals of self-prep.  I, seemingly, spend quite some time in make myself presentable to those I encounter everyday. But, am I really presentable to the one who counts?

On a daily basis, we get out of bed and make ourselves presentable for the day.  Whether male or female,  we take pride in making our appearance as blemish free as possible.  Our clothes have to fit just the way we think they should and to some degree, they must match in color.  This includes our shoes.  If we have a blemish (pimple/zit), we spend time on trying to get rid of it or covering it up with make up or medication. 

More than once, I have spent time getting myself what I considered “ready”, when suddenly I noticed an unwelcome area/spot/wrinkle on my clothes/shoes.  I then would work hard to get rid of such.  Once satisfied with fixing the problem, I’m finally “ready”.  Some days it just takes longer than others. 

Am I making and keeping myself presentable to my Master?  In order to keep my garment  blemish/pimple free, I must keep it covered with God’s WORD and PRAYER on a daily basis!  His word says that if we have a blemish/wrinkle on our garment, we CAN NOT got to Heaven.  [Ephesians 5:27
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.]

What makes a spot/blemish/wrinkle?  Anything that is contrary to the Word of God.  Any commandment that we do not obey, and/or any action not in line with His word.  Even our thoughts can be a source…as we are supposed to take every thought captive to obedience of His word. 

For years, I’ve put on the whole armor of God every morning before I start my day.  Lately, I have been lackadaisical in doing so for one reason or another.  I make a commitment, as of today, to do as the word says and restart arming myself again.  [Ephesians 6: 11-18; 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints].  I’ve got to keep my garment free and clean of blemishes.  I don’t want to make it to the end when suddenly I notice a wrinkle/spot or blemish on my garment with no time to get it covered or fixed.  Nor, do I want to have a spot that I’m unaware of.  I choose to serve at his feet…reading the word and spending time with Him daily.  I want to be presentable to the one who counts!
My prayer:
“Father,  your word is clear that I must keep my garment clean and free of spots and blemishes.  Please help me, daily, to be aware of any and all things that may tarnish my garment.  Father, I know if I serve at your feet, read your Word and spend time with you, I will not have any surprises in the end, I will be READY to meet you…spot/blemish free.”   

No comments: