.

.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Burnt Out or On Fire?

Sue had called me yesterday and we got to talking about how at times we start to get burnt out in our ministries. For us it can be in the numerous photos we take. At times it just becomes somewhat chore like and that delete button seems to make you feel a little twinge of aha.

 Sure taking the pics are fun but then there is the upload to the computer, creating a folder, saving, editing, resizing, and then the upload and save to the blog. For Sue it's also in having to send pics by e-mail. Have you ever tried to send numerous pics by e-mail? It can be frustrating, and oh so time consuming.

 I had also shared with her that I hadn't changed the banner for the ladies blog in a long time and that even with that it sometimes takes so much time in which to find something that I get lazy. We have a tendency to push things aside and say well I'll do that later. Life gets busy and things get in the way. I admit sometimes I just don't feel like doing this and as Sue said we get to the point of being burnt out. I'm sure anyone in a ministry of any sort experiences the same thing. Which got me to thinking about the following scripture below...

“Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord” (Romans 12:11).

So Sue this banner is in a way inspired by you. Thank you for giving me the right word at the right time.

Father, help us to stir up the fire of the Holy Spirit in our lives through faithful reading and application of the Scriptures. Though there are daily temptations and experiences that want to extinguish the fire of the Holy Spirit in our lives, we thank You that Your abiding presence in our hearts is greater than the foe that seeks to deter us. May we always be attentive to Your still small voice and the convicting power of Your Holy Spirit as we keep our spiritual fervor in serving You. Amen.

“Do not put out the Spirit’s fire” (1 Thessalonians 5:19).

No comments: