cupmascarpone cheese, chilled or cream cheese, softened
cupwhipping cream, chilled
pintstrawberries, halve large berries and slice
Chopped pistachio nuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9x1 1/2-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, ground pistachios, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup of the honey; beat 3 minutes, until fluffy. Slowly beat in eggs, one at a time. Add three-fourths of the flour mixture; mix just until combined. Mix in milk and remaining flour just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, just until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cake from pan.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat remaining 1/4 cup honey and the orange juice, whisking to combine. Poke warm cake with a wooden toothpick. Brush on honey-orange juice until absorbed. Cool cake completely.
6. For topping, just before serving, in a medium mixing bowl whip mascarpone on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add cream and 2 Tbsp. honey. Beat just to soft mounds. Spoon topping on cake, drizzle with additional honey, then top with strawberries and chopped pistachios.