.

.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

'WALK AROUND ME JESUS, WALK AROUND"...By Sue Lunsford

Hey, just a note to let you know how much I enjoy the things you say and do on our website from COGWC. You could not imagine the times you have put up some of your pictures or scriptures or whatever...God has touched my mind, my heart and my spirit...just by reading the things you put on there. It's such a ministry...and God touches people through your words and your effort that you put into it. Don't ever give up...God is using you, and I wanted you to know just how much! Love, Sue

Hey, one more imortant thing I want to share with you.. Bro. Randy touched on this when he preached. On May 1, 2012 ...I thought I had already gone through the most tramatic time in my life, when we lost Matthew...and I still have to say it really was. But on this particular day, I was having a normal day. I had been to the salon to do what "WE" as women like to do. After leaving there, I decided I would go see my son, Danny. He too, was having a normal working day. As we sat there, discussing our "normal" day..my cell phone rang. I answered as usual...a call was coming in that would, once again change my family's lives. As I answered, Danny could tell by the look on my face...something terribly wrong was happening on our "normal" day. Fear gripped my soul, as a neighbor was informing me that my child had overdosed. Oh! God, I can't do this again...the thought of losing another child was more than I could stand. I was barely able to say the word "overdosed"...it couldn't be true. As Danny and I made our way to Manchester Memorial Hospital...I decided I needed to go home and see for myself. My home was fine when I left that morning...nothing unusual...just a normal day. But the closer I got to "home"..I could see that anything but "normal' was happening. There was people everywhere outside, State Police, two Ambulances...Oh! God...where is my child? My child was inside one of those ambulances...without the help of this wonderful State Policeman...doing CPR on him..he would have already been dead! All of the emergency PERSONNEL, was headed for the hospital. I rushed out of the parking lot...I don't even remember getting to the hospital. Upon arrival...as we made our way into the Emergency Room..they were bringing my child through the double doors...his face was a color I had never seen before...the color of death! He was breathing three breaths a minute. Oh! God, Oh! God...I went "blank". As news traveled, my family came "running" to the hospital...Oh! how I needed all of them!!! But, as each minute passed by...I began to see a change...no longer did he have that "purple" color...he was going to live! Bro. Joey, Bro. Brad Stevens....too many to mention, was gathered around his bedside...praying. Yes my friend, prayer brought him through. My child had never traveled this road before...there was no way he was going to live without faithful people praying for him...as they prayed...God was standing by his bedside, with His hand out-stretched about him...and he lives today because of prayer. God has performed another miracle for my family. Our "NORMAL" days can change so suddenly, but my God will never change. Sis. Lana Hoskins used to sing an old song entitled 'WALK AROUND ME JESUS, WALK AROUND"...I couldn't see His footsteps literally in that room...but I felt His peace..I knew He was close by! Love, Sue